My midwife crochet afghan

I have been very busy crocheting afghan/blanket for the month of May. My daughter has requested me to make her one blanket. In fact, I have not finished my patchwork blanket for her. Surprisingly, I managed to finish one crochet version for her. Today!

I picked the BBC's Call The Midwife TV show pattern for this project when I chanced upon my FB group page as members shared their beautiful creations. It was fairly easy as the pattern is repetitive once you managed the first block. I looked up Jonna Martinez's youtube video tutorial or you can refer to the print version at her blog.


My daughter picked all the colours herself and I must say it was a good pick. I used 8 skeins of 100g 4 Seasons's Marvel 8ply 100% acrylic yarn that I bought from Spotlight and 4mm Clover Amour Hook to make this blanket.


I admit that I was a bit bored in the middle portion as the stitches are repetitive and my daughter had her tests in May. But I was so glad I finished this piece of blanket on the last day of May.


 I used V stitch and scallop stitch for the edging.

 Here is the finished piece of the midwife blanket. The width is 48 inches and height 55 inches. ;)

 

Comments