My first attempt on Amigurumi

I have ALWAYS wanted to try my hands on making Amigurumi. I know basic crocheting but I have never made a plush or doll before. It looks difficult and I am scared to try. I have made granny squares for the yarnbombing 2 years ago. No. Not once attempted Amigurumi.

When I saw the instructions from the books and blogs, there are so many variations. There are symbols for Japanese, US and UK versions. My mind just went haywired. I did not understand how to attach the various parts of the body of the doll. The best bet for me will be learning from Youtube but that means I will not be able to follow instructions on the books. Sigh!

Till I went to a sharing session organised by the Yarnbombing Singapore team last Saturday. Yaney, one of the organiser, gave me a one-to-one guidance and taught me how to read the US instructions. Magic circle was not hard at all. I have to make sure the holes of each stitch is not big so that the polyfill will not shown. I am very determined.

After some time, I managed to make one head of the BB8. I am so thrilled! There are still so much to learn on Amigurumi and now I am not so afraid to try on other beginner designs.

My first Amigurumi
Certainly a breakthrough in 2016. Hope I could share more of my creations soon. I can't wait to try out and practise.


Comments