30's reproduction Casual Patchwork Weekend Bag

Last month, I chanced upon a fabric detashing sale at Instagram. Even though the images of each fabric is too small for my eyes to see, overall, they looked pretty and I fell in love with the 30's reproduction fabrics. It is not easy to find them in Singapore shops and I have to look elsewhere online. Reproduction fabrics give me a vintage and cottage feel. I just love it and definitely will be searching for more to stock up.

I began to fuzzy cut the fabrics I bought intro trapezium sizes. I hand sewed them in pairs after arranging by colours.

Pairing up the trapeziums
Then I stitched them in rows and sewed them up together into one big piece of patchwork.

Arranged in rows
Next step, I batted and topstitched with Gutermann threads. Then I trimmed into the size I needed.

They looked pretty together.
I added a leather label at the bottom of the bag that I am going to make. It looked pretty with the label.

Added the leather label
Subsequently, I sewed up into a casual patchwork weekend bag.

Front

Back

Inside

Bottom

From the top
I love this retro bag and have listed it up for sale in my Etsy shop here if you are interested. :)


Comments