Organising my sewing kits - A sense of relaxation and charging up

I have too many sewing materials. Most probably you named it, I have it. :) The problem about sewing materials is that they are small in size and has wide variety. Sometimes, I just need to buy different types of boxes or drawers to store them neatly. Daiso, Japan Home and Ikea are my favorite stores to source for containers and desktop drawers.

It has always been challenging for me to keep my sewing materials neatly. I might even buy more JUST IN CASE I need them. I do not stay near any notion shops so it is quite a hassle to travel about an hour's journey just to buy what I need. Online shops are terrific as they are so convenient and dangerous for my pockets too.

I love to buy lots of colours of the same thread type and zippers. Looking at them makes me relax. If one day, I can work for a sewing related shop, how nice it will be.

In between sewing project breaks, I like to pack or repack my materials. It gives me a very good opportunity to charge up and relax at the same time.

My perle cotton size 8

My DMC threads. Winding 200 skeins is no joke at all.

My YKK gold zippers. Wish I can collect all colours.
Maybe I should declutter some materials so that I have more space for new items. How do you store your laces and ribbons? That will be my next challenge. :)

Comments