Once upon a time sampler - Cross Stitch with The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery

I have been busy with handstitching and my machine has been neglected for quite a while. I am in love with handsewing more and more. So glad that I could bring my projects any where and not confined to one place.

Recently, I chanced upon some cute cross stitch designs in Instagram and I checked out more and more about the fairy tales designs under #onceuponatimesampler and #thefrostedpumpkinstitchery. Wow!!! The designs are sooo kawaii and it is quite difficult to pick one design to try out.

I took the plunge during their last sale and bought 2 pdf patterns - Pen Pals No. 202 (a beginner one) and Once upon a Time Sampler (a huge project). I picked up cross stitch again after a decade. I checked my current DMC threads inventory and discovered I need to buy more colours to sew the sampler. The DMC threads are good. I had them for more than a decade and the quality is still there.

DMC threads

I changed some of the colours for the Pen Pal No. 202 as I have no time to buy the threads. Luckily, it turned out well.

Pen Pal No. 202

I am still sewing the 4th month from Once a upon a Time Sampler. I finished April, May and June. The design is addictive and I wanted to finish sewing all very soon and frame it up.

April - Goldilocks and the Three Loving Porridge Bears

May - Jack and the Bean Stalk

June - The Princess and the Tiny Pea


Wish me luck!

Do you have any tips on how to store your DMC threads? Please share with me. :)

Comments