Quilty Fun Sew Along - Flowerbloom

Ever since I bought the Quilty Fun book from Fatquarter shop and followed Lori Holt on Instagram, I always looked forward to participate in fun sew along activities. At least I could feel that I have people accompanying throughout the entire journey and do not feel lonely in a way.

My surrounding friends do not quilt nor patchwork and sometimes it is hard to explain or share my passion. Luckily I found some via the social media and most of them are from overseas. I also joined groups to get advice and inspirations.

I played along the Flowerbloom sew along via Instagram last month which I had to refer to the Quilty Fun book for instructions. I was afraid to try so I started out with one. It was sweet as described by my daughter.

First flowerblooom block
So I prepared more.

Preparing the fabrics

Some pinks and greys
It was addictive so I made some more the next day.

More and more
28 blocks
I stopped at 28 blocks as it looked huge after I layed them out on the floor. I have never done something so big before. My mind went into blank in terms of the borders and connectivity after that. Hee. So I kept the blocks aside till I am ready to pick up this quilt again. Hopefully soon.

Comments

  1. They are all so beautiful! The main block could be easily made in EPP... may have to try someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment