Handsewpatchwork Sew-a-long Block 16 - The Pot

I am definately hooked on handsewpatchwork (I must have said many times!) Even though the preparation work is tedious and time consuming, the satisfaction of the finished piece is hard to describe. It is even better than scrapbooking. I dare say for myself.

The other day, I went to a local scrapbook store and walked one round as they were having sales. I came out empty handed. Did it mean that I stop scrapbooking altogether? I guess I have too many papers, dies templates, tools and emblishments that I don't know what else to buy. The recent CHA 2015 show did not spurred me to buy too. I still make artistic trading cards and participate in swaps.

Block 16 - The Pot was quite easy to sew, except for the handle which needed to sew like an applique. You can download the template via ZakkaArt. I am happy to learn from Wynn that there will be 2 bonus blocks - 17 and 18. I wonder what will they be.


Selected the fabrics for this block
Sorted out the placements
The white and red background is from Riley Blake's collection. It was my first such kind of print and I will look out to buy more wordy fabric for background. For the pot itself, they are from DS Quilt's collection.

Block 16 - The Pot
I just completed this block this evening and eager to share on my blog. ;) What do you think of my applique handle?

Hope you have fun sewing this block. I think it is versatile and great to decorate my kitchen.

Comments