Handsewpatchwork Sew-a-long Block 12 - Card Trick

I finished this block pretty fast, except for taking more time picking the fabrics. I looked through my cabinet and decided to cut fresh new yardages to sew Block 12 - Card Trick. I always use the stashes for the handsewpatchwork sew-a-long and decided otherwise for this one.

I bought the 3 DS Quilts collection and chevron print from Spotlight last month. The top one was a fat quarter from Robert Kaufman. You can download the template from ZakkaArt.

DS quilts collection - except the top and bottom ones are not

This was an easy block with no curves at all. For those who are afraid of the curves, you can do this Card Trick block without any hiccups. But I will advise you to layout the patches before you begin sewing so that you will not be confused on the positioning after that. You start off with the middle block (with all 4 small triangle patches) and move outwards. Then you sew the top or bottom layer before you combine all together.

The 3 layers
Block 12 - Card Trick

I love the outcome of this block and maybe I can sew more to make a mini quilt. What do you say? I heard Block 13 has a lot of curves to sew. Oh well, I am not afraid any more now. :)

Comments