My very first dresden plate handsew block

While waiting for ZakkaArt to release her Block 12 for the handsewpatchwork sew-a-long, I decided to pick one block design to sew from the book. I have always wanted to try making dresden plate and log cabin. I picked the former as it is too pretty to resist. I have even bought the english paper piercing templates to try on.

I used the leftovers from Block 11 and the green stash I bought. To make dresden plate block, you can either handsew or machine sew. I am hooked on handsewing which I can sew it at night when my children are asleep and also for better control. But I will try machine sewing after I get more confident.

Dresden Plate Block
I am still deciding what I should do with this block. Right now, it is pasted on my craftroom's wall. I am tempted to make another dresden plate in another colour. Perhaps blue?

Comments

  1. All your desden plates are coming along beautifully! I'm enjoying your needlework updates here and on Flickr. I for sure want to try making one dresden sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment