Schnitzel and Boo's Mini Quilt Swap - My Mini Quilt Completed!

Do you still remember reading my post that I participated in a mini quilt swap, organised by Schnitzel and Boo in September? (Recap here)

I have just completed my maiden mini quilt piece. I am so happy especially they are made of hexagons. All hand-sewn, using the English Piecing Paper method.

I used the jelly roll fabric that I bought and cut the hexagons using the Clover template. After sorting up the pattern, I sewed up my first hexagons.

Hexagons
First sewed up
After that, I added the basting and the base cloth.

With basting
Subsequently, I cut the "extras" on each side and added the bias tape.

The completed piece

The back with my label
I will be posting this in the next few days to my partner in USA. Hope she likes it.

This will definately not be the first and last quilt piece I will be making. Love love the hexagons. You can also view the other participants' beautiful pieces here.

Enjoy!

Comments