Creativity 521: Kid's Birthday Goodie Boxes

November is a celebration month of my kid who is turning a year older. This year, we will also be celebrating her birthday in her school.

She picked the cake design at the cake shop. We gave her options - Princesses, Minnie Mouse, Dora or Tinkerbell. Surprisingly, she picked Tinkerbell from Polar Puffs.

My hubby told me that she wanted to give her friends some goodies in a box and tied with a ribbon. Hmm... he knew that I can fulfilled such tasks as I am good in crafts and ideas.

Well, I put on my thinking cap. I wanted to buy a gift box tool that I can DIY the boxes. However it is OOS and I had to scrap the idea.

Then I discovered I had this Ultimate Tool from Crafts Companion that I bought a few years ago. I read the instructions and so glad that this tool allows me to DIY a goodie box.

Ultimate Tool
Big E selected yellow art paper for the cover and purple colour for the base. I scored the papers using a scoring tool.

I wanted her to be involved in making the boxes,  so I bought a Dora sticker book from ValueShop and let her design the box cover. (Cheap price - only $2.05 for 200 stickers). Then I folded the paper and use double sided tape to paste the sides.


After that, she sorted the chocolates and lollipop in each box.



Finally, her mummy tied up the boxes with her favorite pink ribbons.

Goodie Boxes


new button

Comments

  1. Nice boxes! The ultimate tool looks quite handy for scoring and making patterns! Thanks for linking up! Happy birthday to your girl too! =) That makes Nov a special month for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment