Her birthday dress - Ice Cream Social Dress

My daughter just turned two a few days ago. Although we never celebrated her birthday with a cake, we brought out her the whole day. We brought her to the World Orchid Conference at Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands. It was huge! Lots of photographes to take. (I will share some shots in the next update.)

What did I give her as a present? A limited edition dress, handmade by her mummy. :)

Materials
I bought a yard of fabric from Spotlight Singapore the other day. This is quite retro, what do you think? It is quite cheery for a two year old girl.

I came across the instruction via Craftiness is not Optional. It is quite similar to the Ruffle Sleeve Top that I made previously. You have to increase the height from a blouse to a dress. The hem across the chest has to increase another 3 inches.

Add 3 inches
Then I added my new label at the back of the dress.

Nice?
I realised this dress can also be a skirt for her when she grows older.

Also can be a skirt

Then, I did the sleeves. Same as the ruffle sleeve top.

Two sleeves
Completed dress.

So retro!
And the main cast, wearing the dress.

At the Gardens by the Bay
Showing the back
How's that for a birthday present? She did not want to remove when reached home! I was so thrilled!

Comments