Bridemaids' Gifts

My sister wanted a gift that is something special to thank her bridemaids for helping her on her wedding day. She knew that I am into sewing nowadays and has seen my work and irresistable fabrics (yes yes!) that I collected. She decided to engage me to sew a set of pillowcase for them.

I went to Spotlight to buy 2 bolts of white and pink fabric for the front and back, while the stripes are from my own online collection.

Selected fabrics
Some of the fabric are selected from the Moda series - Sugar Pop, which I have blogged earlier.

Pillowcase Design
My sewing machine gave me a scare at one point in time when I sewed the last two pieces. I panicked and asked my father to check for me. After discussion and investigation, I concluded that it was due to the new thread that I used. Strangely, the one I bought at Spotlight gave me problem. But the cheaper thread that I bought at convenient store worked!

Next, I worked on the "Thank You" tag. I used a clear stamp on acrylic block. Then stamped on the purple metalic artcard.

"Thank you" Clear Stamp

Thank You Tag
I coloured the tag with red on the hearts.
After completion, my sister used a yellow heart-design ribbon to tie them together.

"Thank You" Tag tied to the Ribbon


Hope they like it. ;) 

Comments