Monday, October 17, 2016

Latest handmade Bow Clutch Wristlet Bags for sale

I have made these Bow Clutch Wristlet Bags for sale and they are listed in my Etsy Shop. Take a look at some of the designs here. More details can be found in my online shop.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Project Ware House - Art Market and Auction 24-25 Sept 2016

Community Chest, alongside The Local People and Gushcloud are set to take over Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay’s latest venue: the Esplanade Annexe Studio, for a celebration of art and inclusiveness.

Funds raised will go to the Adult Disability Home (ADH) initiative by Community Chest Singapore, which aims to offer environments of comfort within the home for people with special needs.

Admission fee (all proceeds go to Community Chest Singapore) -
$10 for regular entry
$20 for entry + personalised door gift from Band of Doodlers

Joeycraftworkz will be there as a retail vendor on 24 September 3pm - 9pm and partial sales proceed will be contributed to Community Chest Singapore.

Come and support us!

Link to main event -

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Farmer's Wife Patchwork Sew-A-Long

It has been a long while since I did any handsew patchwork sew-a-long. Thanks to a group of ladies who shared the same passion and we decided to come together to make a 16 blocks from both the Farmer's Wife 1920s and 1930s books.

We started sewing last month, targeting 2 blocks per month and so far we did 4 blocks. Here are my blocks for the sew-a-long and I am using Milk, Sugar and Flower from Penny Rose, designed by Elea Lutz.

Georgia block

Nellie block

Whirlpool block

Peace and plenty block

Friday, June 10, 2016

Daisy Flowers Crochet Afghan

It has been my goal to crochet a granny square blanket ever since I started by crocheting. I have been searching for the pattern by browsing through books, pinterest and the internet to find the ideal design. Finally, I decided to do the Daisy Flower pattern.

I used the 4 Seasons Marvel Soft 8 ply yarns for this project. It was my first project using soft acrylic threads and I love the softness of it.

I picked 4 colours - purple, turquoise, yellow and navy for the borders of each squares. There were 14 squares per colour to make up a total of 56. I used white colour to join them up as border.

After joining up the squares, I made border for the whole afghan. Here is a complete view of the blanket. :)

Completed daisy flower blanket

Close shot of the border stitch
Daisy flowers crochet afghan that you can use as a lap blanket or for kids to use. Used good quality soft acrylic yarn threads to make this myself in a non-smoking and no pets environment. Perfect for home use, on car seat, on sofa, on bed or as a gift to friends.

Measured 38inch x 42inch approx. Air dries fairly quickly.

Washing Instructions:
Cool hand wash 30 degrees.
Do not bleach.
Do not tumble dry.
Dry flat in shade. Do not iron.

You can browse the making process at my Instagram account - joeycraftworkz.

Friday, June 3, 2016

Japanese Lace Doily

I wanted to take a short break from crocheting blankets. But I couldn't stop crocheting altogether. So I decided to do small projects and picked up my hook to make a table top doily from a Japanese lace pattern book.

I used 4ply 100% mercerised cotton thread for this doily and the size is about 19cm wide. This is listed in my etsy shop. Click here if you would like to purchase for your home use or gift for your friend.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My midwife crochet afghan

I have been very busy crocheting afghan/blanket for the month of May. My daughter has requested me to make her one blanket. In fact, I have not finished my patchwork blanket for her. Surprisingly, I managed to finish one crochet version for her. Today!

I picked the BBC's Call The Midwife TV show pattern for this project when I chanced upon my FB group page as members shared their beautiful creations. It was fairly easy as the pattern is repetitive once you managed the first block. I looked up Jonna Martinez's youtube video tutorial or you can refer to the print version at her blog.

My daughter picked all the colours herself and I must say it was a good pick. I used 8 skeins of 100g 4 Seasons's Marvel 8ply 100% acrylic yarn that I bought from Spotlight and 4mm Clover Amour Hook to make this blanket.

I admit that I was a bit bored in the middle portion as the stitches are repetitive and my daughter had her tests in May. But I was so glad I finished this piece of blanket on the last day of May.

 I used V stitch and scallop stitch for the edging.

 Here is the finished piece of the midwife blanket. The width is 48 inches and height 55 inches. ;)


Monday, April 18, 2016

My Crochet Doll - Work in Progress

I am riding the crochet wave ever since I tried to learn how to make an amigurumi. I watched a lot of youtube videos, surfed inspirations from facebook groups and pinterest. Hence, I was not posting on my blog for more than a month. Fortunately I have a good mummy friend Carol who is an experienced crochet lady that I can seek guidance from. Because of my constant flow of questions, it rekindled her spark in crocheting ever since she stopped a year ago.

In the facebook group that I joined, one lady posted her project from My Crochet Doll by Isabelle Kessedjian. When I googled the crafter, I realised I was her Instagram follower but never knew she crocheted.

Started the doll's head
I followed some great tips from By Hook, By Hand blog on making this doll a little special than the actual doll. Visit her blog if you can as she has other great tips on making crochet dolls of other types.

My progress is quite slow due to other projects on hand. Here are what I can shared till this point of time.

Making the torso and legs

Adding the hair
I should be completing the doll once I stitched the hair on her scalp. Then I can make dresses for her to wear next. Wish me luck and more energy!